recipe by Bo
Bo is an amazing baker. She started quite young and just has a knack for it.
This is one of her own recipes. Peanut butter and jam gluten free cookies. They taste as good as they look. Slightly crispy on the outside but mouth-wateringly soft on the inside with a chewing and sweet jam center.
1/2 cup softened butter
3/4 white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup peanut butter
Jam (I used raspberry)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups rice flour
1 cup gluten free flour blend
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven for 375 degrees and line baking tray(s) with parchment paper.
2. In a medium size bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
3. Mix in eggs one at a time and add peanut butter and vanilla.
4. Combine dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda) in a separate bowl and gradually mix them into the wet ingredients.
5. Roll mixture into small balls and place them on tray(s).
6. Use your thumb to create an indentation in each ball of dough and place a small amount of jam inside (a tsp or less).
7. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.